Welcome to the Great Pyrenees Club of America Website
Hold cursor over slide show to pause
In 1935 the Great Pyrenees Club of America (GPCA) became recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) as the Parent Club for the Great Pyrenees breed. Every AKC breed has one parent club, which is the only nationwide club for that specific breed. A parent club is a member club of the AKC; and is licensed by the AKC to hold AKC competitions, which lead to all the titles bestowed by the AKC. A parent club is also responsible for writing and making any necessary changes to the official AKC standard for the breed.
The Great Pyrenees Club of America not only furthers the sport of dogs, it also does all possible to bring the natural qualities of purebred Great Pyrenees to perfection. The Club promotes and protects dogs, sponsors educational programs, provides breed information, and publishes a club magazine, the GPCA Bulletin. The GPCA has a referral service which provides information on the location of responsible member breeders. In addition, the GPCA also has a network of national rescue volunteers, who place Pyrs in need of new homes.
The GPCA is a non-profit 501(c)(3)corporation. It is governed by a constitution & bylaws and has a code of ethics to guide member/breeder conduct.
The GPCA website design, all photos, and the Illustrated Standard of the breed are copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced in any way. All other text information on this website may be reproduced. If you choose to use any of our information, give this website credit and provide a link back to this site.
- 02/16/2019 - If you have not yet received election ballots in the mail, please contact Stephanie Whitney at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 02/03/2019 - 2019 National Specialty Registration is now open.
- 01/31/2019 - The Premium List for the 2019 GPCA National Specialty is available for download.
- 01/29/2019 - Information on Board of Directors election.
- 01/24/2019 - David Daugherty's Board of Directors nominee questionnaire has been added. .
- 01/24/2019 - National Specialty Health Seminar and Health Clinic information.
- 01/23/2019 - Change to National Specialty judging panel — Lee Goertz to judge Puppy Sweepstakes.
- 01/21/2019 - John Payne's Board of Directors nominee questionnaire has been updated.
- 01/17/2109 - Board of Directors nominees questionnaires have been posted.
- 01/12/2019 - National Specialty Committees posted.
- 01/10/2019 - September and November Board Meeting Minutes now available.
- 01/10/2019 - GPCA Annual Membership Meeting Notice posted.
- 12/04/2018 - Nominating Committee slate has been updated.
- 09/21/2018 - GPCA Nominating Committee has posted Nominations for Board of Directors.
- 07/21/2018 - GPCA members Kim and Deanna Lasley and family lost a home on their property that Deanna and Andy were living in. The wildfire "Cinnamon" took the historic home, built in 1870. It was the stage stop for Ramona, CA. The bath house, where they bathed the dogs, was also lost. Sadly, one cat is missing, all other animals and all family is fine, though Deanna and Andy have only the clothes they were wearing. All belongings are lost. Krysta lost her wedding dress and memories as well. Thoughts and prayers go to the family. A GoFundMe page has been set up by members David and Beth Smith. If you would like to donate, please go to: https://www.gofundme.com/lasley-family-fire-fund. In addition to the GoFundMe page, we have received a request for all kinds of gift cards to help Deanna and Andy begin replacing clothes, personal items, etc. If you would like to help in that way, please send gift cards in any amount to Deanna Lasley, PO Box 2177, Ramona, CA 92065-0937.