Welcome to the Great Pyrenees Club of America Website
Hold cursor over slide show to pause
In 1935 the Great Pyrenees Club of America (GPCA) became recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) as the Parent Club for the Great Pyrenees breed. Every AKC breed has one parent club, which is the only nationwide club for that specific breed. A parent club is a member club of the AKC; and is licensed by the AKC to hold AKC competitions, which lead to all the titles bestowed by the AKC. A parent club is also responsible for writing and making any necessary changes to the official AKC standard for the breed.
The Great Pyrenees Club of America not only furthers the sport of dogs, it also does all possible to bring the natural qualities of purebred Great Pyrenees to perfection. The Club promotes and protects dogs, sponsors educational programs, provides breed information, and publishes a club magazine, the GPCA Bulletin. The GPCA has a referral service which provides information on the location of responsible member breeders. In addition, the GPCA also has a network of national rescue volunteers, who place Pyrs in need of new homes.
The GPCA is a non-profit 501(c)(3)corporation. It is governed by a constitution & bylaws and has a code of ethics to guide member/breeder conduct. Associate membership is open to all.
The GPCA website design, all photos, and the Illustrated Standard of the breed are copyrighted and may not be copied or reproduced in any way. All other text information on this website may be reproduced. If you choose to use any of our information, give this website credit and provide a link back to this site.
- 04/18/2016 - 2016 National Specialty Judging Program has been posted.
- 01/16/2016 - 2016 National Specialty All-in-One Form can be submitted on line.
- 01/04/2016 - Tentative Schedule of Events for 2016 National Specialty.
- 01/01/2016 - Latest Reports/Minutes now available.
- 11/29/2015 - Top 20 & Puppy Invitational Photos of Past Winners posted.
- 11/28/2015 - Top 20 & Puppy Invitiational Guidelines added.
- 06/15/2015 - 2015 National Specialty Results are posted.
- 05/13/2015 - Updated map showing upcoming National Specialties through 2019.